21 October 2015

Truth or Dare by Aimee McNeil


             Have you ever read a book that you just couldn’t put down, no matter how many times you try? No matter what else you might have to do? I read Truth or Dare by Aimee McNeil and this happened to me. I could not put it down. I was reading it during work yesterday, I read it at the emergency room with my daughter last night, and late into the night until I couldn’t keep my eyes open anymore. And since it wasn’t done, I read it this morning during work until it was done. And when I was done reading, I wanted more. I message Aimee on Facebook begging her to tell me that there was more to come. I wasn’t ready for the story between Ashton and Sophie to be over. I was also looking forward to more of the stories from Sophie’s best friend Mel.

        Anyways, here’s the synopsis:

Sophie Rogers has left her demons in the past and finally has her life under control…

Three years after leaving high school, where she was endlessly tormented by the school’s golden couple, Sophie has her art degree nearly in hand. Juggling two jobs, she prides herself on her focus and determination to ensure her independence.

Until Ashton King saunters back into her life as a nude model for her art class…

Ashton and Lucinda had made it their mission to make Sophie’s life miserable from the moment she walked into their lives. But now, with Lucinda out of the picture and Sophie back in his sights, Ashton changes the rules of the game and takes it to a whole new level.

Sophie is thrown back into the turmoil she thought was long behind her…

Ashton’s body is made for sin, and his icy blue eyes scorch her with feelings too intense for a heart as scarred as Sophie’s to bear. Glimpses of another side of Ashton give her a flash of hope, but his deceptions run much deeper than she ever dreamed.

Truth or Dare…Which would you choose?

 

        Doesn’t this just sound like it is amazing? I can tell you for a fact that it is. I loved the dynamic between Sophie and Ashton. I love how she kept trying to deny that she cared about him, even though she couldn’t stay away from him. Even after he deceived her trying to get close to her, she wasn’t able to stay mad at him. Even the drama that was thrown in the book seemed realistic and well written. And can I just say that we all need a friend like Mel! That chick is sassy, bold, and helps bring Sophie into herself and out of her comfort zone. She balances Sophie’s safe and guarded personality. Ashton brings out the fighter and the spice in Sophie, and makes her want to push herself to be bolder, both with alcohol and without. Ashton is just trying to get Sophie to believe in him and in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment