09 December 2014

Eyes Turned Skyward by Rebecca Yarros

Have you ever read a book that, even long after you are done with it, you are still processing it and what it did to you? Cause that is what this book has done to me.

 
Synopsis:
 
Life's too short to play it safe...... Since her sister's death, twenty year old Paisley Donovan has been treated like delicate glass by her parents. She may share her sister's heart condition, but nothing will stop her from completing her Bucket List, even if it kills her and it almost does, until Jagger Bateman pulls her from the ocean and breathes more than air into her lungs-he sets her soul on fire.
Jagger is enrolled in the country's toughest flight school. He's wickedly hot, reckless, and perfect for a girl looking to live life to the fullest. Except that Paisley is the commanding general's daughter, and her boyfriend is Jagger's biggest rival.
Now Paisley must decide just how much to risk for a guy who makes her heart pound just a little too hard. They're flying through dangerous territory-and one wrong move could make them crash and burn.  

Oh my goodness was I ever glad to get my hands on this book. I was supposed to post this yesterday, but I needed time to process my feeling on what this book did to me. I mean this book had me so happy one minute, sad the next, and completely irritated with some of the characters. This was an emotional book, but a very, very good one.

Paisley is a young woman who knows that she is probably going to die shortly. In fact she  is so sure of it that she keeps a countdown constantly running. She knows that she needs to make a decision on what she wants to happen with her medical condition, but she keeps putting it off. Everyone important in her life wants her to make a decision that she doesn't feel is right for her.

Then she gets her life saved by Jagged, and everything she knew that made her happy changed. She tried to just be friends because she had a boyfriend already, but she couldn't deny her feelings. Eventually her and Jagged get together, but she keeps the truth about her health a secret. She doesn't want him to treat her differently or to feel like he has to stick around because of what is wrong.

But Jagged has secrets of his own and they could possibly tear the one person he has ever loved away from him when they come to light. When things happen to bring to light both of their secrets, they have to decide if they love each other enough to stick together through everything or if they will let everyone tear them apart.

I am still reeling from this book and I know that I will be for a while. I have to give this a 5AMAZING star review and I can't wait to read more from this awesome author.

No comments:

Post a Comment