02 October 2014

Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin

So I just read this book for the second time, and I can't remember if I did a review on it or not, but I am going to do one now. If you haven't heard of this book, you need to pick it up and get reading NOW!

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. And now I’m going back. After ten years. I hope I can explain that after all this time. I still want her to be my forever girl.

Oh my goodness, I love this freaking book. Liam has to head home to bury one of his very best friends, Mason. But the thing that bothers him most is seeing Josie. After 10 years of not seeing her when he walked out of her life, he doesn't know what to expect. He still loves her with everything he is, as you can tell by the music that he writes. But what he finds is not what he expected.

Through the book, Josie and Liam have to find a way to co-exist in the same town that they grew up in. They both have to come together for personal reasons as well as being there for their friend, Katelyn, widow of Mason. But circumstances have them working together for other reasons as well. Will Liam be able to be the man he should be? Can Josie get over the fact that he walked away from her and all their plans 10 years ago? Can she let go of the hurt and pain that she dealt with in the aftermath? Or should she just make him leave again to save herself from more hurt?

If that hasn't convinced you to read this book, just PLEASE PLEASE go pick up a copy for yourself and read the first chapter. I swear you won't be able to down the darn book after that. You will HAVE to keep reading to see what happens. And for this reason, as well as the fact that I LOVED this book, I give it a 5 star review!

No comments:

Post a Comment