05 January 2014

Streaks Of Blue by Jack Chaucer

So recently I received an ARC copy of Streaks of Blue by Jack Chaucer to read and give an honest review of. Here's the synopsis and then I give my review.
Adam Upton and Thomas "Lee" Harvey are plotting the next big school massacre at their New Hampshire high school. Nicole Janicek, who knew Adam in elementary school, tries to reconnect with the damaged teen at the start of their senior year. But will Nicole’s attempt to befriend the would-be killer disrupt the plot and turn Adam’s life around before the clock strikes 12:14?

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

I thought this book was alright. It has a lot of potential and could have been great, but the grammatical errors, repeated fragments of sentences, and jumping point of views really messed it up for me. There was also a lot of unnecessary dialogue that made me feel like the author was trying to meet a word count goal instead of trying to keep the reader interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment