23 November 2013

The Thrill of Reading Lauren Blakely

I finished reading The Thrill of It by Lauren Blakely! I love reading all of her books and this one is no different. But first the synopsis.

A new adult story of Love. Sex. Addiction. Blackmail. And Power...
Some say love can be an addiction. Others say it's the thing that makes life worth living. Let me tell you everything I know about love...Love isn't patient, love isn't kind. Love is a game, a chase. A thrill. Love is wild and war-like, and every man and woman must fight for themselves. At least that's how it was for me. A high-priced virgin call girl by the time I started college, I was addicted to love and to sex. Even though I've never had either. I controlled love, played it, and held the world in the palm of my hands. Then I fell down from those highs, and I'm being blackmailed for all my mistakes, forced to keep secrets from everyone, except the only guy I don't regret.

Trey...
With all the other women, I knew what they were. They were temporary. They were pills, they were bottles, they took away all the pain, and numbed the awful memories that wore down my ragged, wasted heart. Until I met Harley. She's the only girl I ever missed when she walked away. But now she's back in my life, every day, and there are no guarantees for us, especially since I don't know how to tell her my secrets. What happened to my family. All I know is she's the closest I've ever come to something real, and I want to feel every second of it.
How can you love with no regrets when regret is all you know?


Ok so anyways...Harley was a high-end call girl, who is a virgin and Trey was a man whore who only had relations with older married women. They met the night before they each decided to go to an addiction anonymous group for sex and love addiction. They never thought they would see each other again, but when they see each other at the meeting, it was the start of an amazing friendship. They help each other through tough times and when either of them start thinking about backsliding. Trey is there for Harley when she is being blackmailed. When they both realize that they are developing deeper feelings for each other, they both react differently.

This book is amazing. I had a really hard time putting it down so that I could take care of my other daily duties. The friendship that Harley and Trey were able to develop while working on themselves was amazing. And them for them to be able to take that friendship further and help each other from backsliding is something that everyone looks for in life. I am looking forward to Lauren's next book and can't wait to see what she comes out with next!

Link to buy book:
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/The-Thrill-It-No-Regrets/dp/1492884685/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385253474&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Thrill+of+It

Barnes & Noble http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-thrill-of-it-lauren-blakely/1117473119?ean=2940148750086

No comments:

Post a Comment