26 June 2014

Review of Marry Me for Money by Mia Kayla


 
OK so I picked up this book today because it was a freebie that I noticed on Facebook and the blurb had me interested. It’s not often that you get to read about someone only getting married to pay off debt. Or at least the books that I read very rarely have that. But I thought why the heck not? And I am super glad that I did.

 
Synopsis:

Leaving her small town behind, Bethany Casse moves to Chicago in search of a new life. Working at a top financial bank brings her into contact with two men who are as different as night and day.

Kent Plack, heir to Plack Industries, has no interest in being with a woman for longer than one night. A spoiled and lazy man-whore, he is completely content with his playboy lifestyle, and Beth is surprised when they form an unlikely friendship.

Brian Burcham, a finance banker, is gorgeous and respectful. A man plucked from Beth’s dreams, he is definite husband material. Unfortunately, Beth has a hard rule against dating coworkers, but Brian is determined to change her mind.

When a deadbeat mother and money problems follow her to Chicago, Beth is offered a solution that could fix everything. Marrying for money seems simple enough, but when lines become blurred, Beth faces difficult choices, making her realize that the easy way out just made her life even harder than before.

*Due to descriptive sexual situations and mature themes, this novel is not intended for readers under the age of 18.*

Author Bio:

Mia Kayla is a New Adult/Contemporary Romance writer who lives in Illinois. She is wifey to the husband of the year and mommy to three unbelievable cute little girls who have multiplied her grey hairs.

In her free time she loves reading romance novels, jamming to boy bands, catching up on celebrity gossip and designing flowers for weddings.

Most of the time, she can be caught on the train with her nose in a book sporting a cheeky grin because the main characters finally get their happily-ever-after at the end.

She loves reading about happy endings but has more fun writing them.

 

Teaser:

“This night didn’t turn out like I’d planned,” he said, running his fingers through my hair. ‘It was supposed to be romance, candlelight, and dinner first.”

I lifted my head to look at him and raised my eyebrows.

“I wanted to give you the movie version.”

“Oh,” I said realization setting in. “Well, this is much better than the movie version. If this were the movies, I’d be watching the love story happen on the screen. In this version, the good stuff happens to me” I said resting my chin on his chest,

He peered down at me and brushed a strand of hair away from my face. ‘Yeah, this is so much better than the movies.” He kissed me long and hard until I forgot my name, forgot where I was, and even forgot how to breathe. “Here,” he breathed, “I get the girl.”

I felt his length harden below me against my stomach. I guessed if this were our movie, part two was going to start real soon.

 

Review:

This book is set in Chicago, IL and is about Beth moving there and starting a job fresh from college while trying to put her past behind her. During one of her first days on the job she meets playboy Kent who is the heir to one of the plant companies her employers are in business with. While she finds his gorgeous and has an immediate attraction to him, his lack of drive and ambition turns her off greatly. So when he offers to take her on a tour of one of the plant sites, he surprises not only his father but Beth as well.

This trip is the start of an interesting friendship that Beth comes to depend on just as much as her best friend back home. He is the one she turns to when she is trying to get advice about dating a coworker and he is the one she gushes to when she wants to talk about her dates. So when it turns out that Kent needs her help with something, and offers to pay off her debt, she does it with little hesitation. What she didn’t count on was not only falling for her best friend but also his family.  How is she supposed to survive this if things end badly?


I really enjoyed reading this book. I had a lot of problems putting it down once I got started. I let my housework for the day go unattended and only put it down when needing to focus on my kids, and was still able to get the whole thing read in less than 12 hours. I would totally recommend this book to my friends and will be telling them about it asap, not only in my blog, but in person as well. I can’t wait to see if Mia has any other books out there, and if she does I am going to get started on them immediately!

Buy Links:


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment