03 April 2014

Breaking Alexandria by K. A. Robinson (5 stars!!)



Synopsis:Alexandria’s drug-dealing boyfriend, Joel, isn’t exactly the white knight she’s always dreamed of, but she can’t deny the crazy connection they have. She would do anything for him, including helping him sell drugs in order to fit perfectly into his world.
After catching Alexandria dealing for Joel, instead of turning her into the cops, Alexandria’s mother forces her to move to her grandparents’ farm in West Virginia. Spending the summer in the country, away from Joel, is the last thing Alexandria wants to do. But lucky for her, the sexy farmhand, Landon, who helps out around her grandparents’ place, is a very nice distraction. She tries her best to ignore her attraction to him, especially since she still loves Joel.
When Joel does the unforgivable, Alexandria turns to her new friend, Landon, for comfort, and it ignites an undeniable spark of attraction between them. Soon, she finds herself caught between two very different men, and the struggles within her heart just might end up breaking Alexandria.



Purchase Links:







Review:

Holy Hell! Just when I didn't think her books could get any better Ms. Robinson blows my damn mind! This book was a very intriguing book and I could hardly stand to put it down once I started. Of course I had to since I have a family to take care of, but that doesn't mean I had to like putting it down. 

Anyways Alexandria (Lexi) is a very angry confused girl who is in love with her boyfriend Joel. I mean who cares if she changed everything about herself after they started dating? Who cares that he is a known drug dealer and he even has her helping him push his drugs sometimes? She loves him and is willing to risk everything and anything for him.

That all changes when her mom catches her in the middle of a transaction. This is the last straw for her mom and she decides to ship Lexi off to stay with her grandparents for the summer. While Lexi loves her grams, grandpa is the reason she hasn't been back to their farm since she was 12. The only consolation for Lexi is Landon. He is this very hot farm hand there to watch over her while she does her work and make sure that she stays out of trouble. But is that all that there is? Could things with Joel not be what Lexi thinks they are.

I laughed, I got angry, I cried and I wanted to strangle Lexi at times. But like any good book I was engaged in the story and that is why I gave it 5 stars. I could relate to what was going on in the story more than I care to admit. But it wraps itself in your mind and won't let go until you finish what you started. Good job Ms. Robinson and I can't wait to see what you have for us next.


Author Links and Bio:


Facebook: www.facebook.com/karobinson13 Twitter: @karobinsonautho
Website: www.authorkarobinson.blogspot.com

Mailing list: http://bit.ly/18Ec6X7

K.A. Robinson is the New York Times and USA Today Best Selling Author of The Torn Series and The Ties Series. She lives in a small town in West Virginia with her husband and toddler son. When she isn't writing, she is reading or listening to rock music.

Excerpts:
If there were a medal for sneaking out of the house without getting caught the most times, I’d be the recipient for sure. I smiled to myself as I slowly slid open my bedroom window. I glanced down to the yard below. It was illuminated by the streetlight across the road from our house. I squinted as I looked around, checking for movement of any kind.
Teaser:
“Relax, okay? I’m not going to try to do dirty things to you in the back of a movie theater.” He paused for a second. “Unless you want me to.”

“Shut up and watch the movie.”
-Landon and Lexi

Other books by K.A. Robinson:
Torn Series:
Torn: http://amzn.to/19SJIRw
Twisted:http://amzn.to/1m0s9PKTainted: amzn.to/19SJIRw    
Ties Series:Shattered Ties: http://amzn.to/1dhVZk2Twisted Ties: http://amzn.to/1dG3yuH
Readers can read the first chapter here:

No comments:

Post a Comment